The Store builder provides an easy mechanism for creating a store without requiring knowledge of building websites or requiring an additional domain for purchase. Just check "Topspin Store" in your offer's Distribution Options:
NOTE: You must first create offers for sale in your 'sell' tab using products you've created in your 'products' tab. This must be done *before* these products can be placed in your store. (ie: You can not just create products in your 'products' tab and then place them in the store).
You can access the store builder two ways from the Sell tab:
1. Selecting 'Store Settings' at the top of the page:
2. Selecting 'Configure My Store':
Once you're in edit mode, all the options for personalizing your store are provided.
Store basics provide the ability to choose your spinship domain name and customize the title and description.
- URL: This is your store domain and will be accessible when fans access. In above example, the spinshop for 72musicians is http://72musicians.spinshop.com. Press the "Check if the url is available" button to ensure that it's not already in use. NOTE: If you publish offers/widgets and then decide to *change* the name of your URL, make sure you update your previously published offers/widgets to use the *newly changed* URL name. Otherwise, your old offers/widgets will not find the location of your newly named URL, and fans will not be directed to your spinshop.
- Store Title (optional): This is the title of your store and appears in the upper left.
- Description (optional): A brief description of your website for fans which appears to the right of the Store Title
- Artist Name: The Artist Name appears as the name of your Topspin account. This is the default header.
- Select Custom Image: Choose a custom image as your header if you would prefer to display something aside from the artist name. Optimized for 940 x 120.
- Pre-set Themes: Choose from one of the six pre-set color schemes for your spinshop
- Custom Colors: Choose the theme based on your own color scheme. Click on the oval boxes to customize colors, then choose your color preference by clicking on the color chart provided.
- Background: This affects the background of individual offers placed in the store (ie: when your mouse is placed over an individual offer, it is the color of the background of the offer). Additionally this color is used in the header and footer of the store as *one* end of the gradient.
- Header/Footer Gradient: This is the second color used for the other end of the gradient for the header/footer.
- Navigation Background: The color of the background behind the navigation links (ie: the background behind the tabs at the top of your store).
- Page Body: The color of the background of the whole store.
- Clickable items: This color affects several things:
- When a user clicks on a tab in your store, this is the color of the background of the tab they are currently viewing.
- When you place your mouse over tabs which are currently not being viewed, this is the color of the names of those tabs.
- This is the color of the name and price of individual offers (located on the bar at the bottom of the individual offer).
- When your mouse is placed over an offer, this is the color of the 'Add to cart' button.
- When you click on 'More Info' for any offer, this is the color of the offer's price and also the color of the 'Add to Cart' button on the 'More Info' page.
- Text Headers: This is the color of the text in the Header of your store. (This includes the text used for the names of your tabs). Also, when you place your mouse over an individual offer placed in your store, this is the color of the name and price of the offer.
- Description Text: When you click on 'More Info' for any offer, this is the color of the text for the description of your offer.
- NOTE: Emails received by fans when you set up Email for Media promotions are based on the colors you've selected for your store.
Tabs & Offers
The tabs and offers section displays all your offers available in the sell section of your app. For example, if you want to showcase all ticket offers in a separate tab of your store, you would first create a tag for all your ticket offers in the 'Sell' section of the Topspin application. Then in your store, you would add a new tab (check the box below the 'Active' column), name it 'Tickets' (under the 'Label' column) and choose the corresponding tickets tag (under the drop down menu below the 'Associated Tag' column). NOTE: You can create up to 10 new tabs in your store by selecting 'add new tab'.
- Add a featured offer: this allows you to choose an offer to display on the first page of your 'Home' tab (the first tab of your store).
- Order offers on the page by: this allows you to specify the how you would like the offers sorted. Options include: Name, New to Old, Currency, Price, and Popularity.
This provides a way for you to display your most recent twitter and facebook activity in the Footer of your spinshop.
Customer Support FAQ
- Customer Support Message: Provide helpful information regarding a fans purchase on a separate customer support link.